Faith for the Journey of Life

My Thoughts on Faith, Life, and 2,000+ Years of Catholicism / Christianity

05 December 2006

Welcome Home Holy Father!

Last week, Pope Benedict XVI completed a successful and peaceful trip to Turkey and for that, let us thank God in Heaven.

A lecture that the Pope gave back in September was seized upon by many Muslims as an excuse to launch hateful and erroneous attacks upon him. Violence erupted in various places of the world and death threats were made against him. Many in the West rose in the Pope’s defense and he even clarified his official position on Islam. Nevertheless fears for his safety while he was in Turkey were justified.

So in thanksgiving for Pope Benedict XVI’s successful and safe trip to Turkey, I offer the words of the Psalmist…

“I will exalt you, O LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
O LORD, you brought me up from the grave;
you spared me from going down into the pit.
Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.” (Psalm 30:1-4)

For more about the Pope’s trip, visit Catholic News Service at
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0606848.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home